Monday 1 June 2015

Well, Canada is behind me. Time to prepare for the next...







Well, Canada is behind me. Time to prepare for the next project…this summer I will be travelling to the North Pole four times aboard 50 let Pobedy (50 Years of Victory), a Russian nuclear-powered icebreaker.

I’ll be working as geology lecturer and expedition staff, guiding excited and adventurous travellers, but I will also be collecting sea ice data in an ambitious project

Thanks to Lauren Farmer (if you don’t follow her yet you should) for the photos of the icebreaker; she’ll be there with me on her second contract aboard the ship, and has been organising and putting the whole data collection project together while I have been away in Antarctica and Canada.

If you’re interested in the data collection project then I’ll be posting more here shortly with ways you can get involved. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment